Friday, June 30, 2006
The 2 business editions are:
Office Professional Plus 2007
Office Enterprise 2007
The 6 consumer versions are:
Office Home 2007
Office Student 2007
Office Professional 2007
Office Small Business 2007
Office Standard 2007
Office Ultimate 2007 edition.
The business editions are now expected to ship by the end of 2006, a few months later than the previously announced October date. Consumer editions are expected to ship in "early 2007", instead of the January 2007.
To try Office 2007 Beta2 online, please go to http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/testdrive.mspx
- Web Part Template for Visual Studio
- Son of Smart Part
- “The Rational Guide to Building SharePoint Web Parts”
- “Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit”
Friday, June 23, 2006
A: SCOPE_IDENTITY, IDENT_CURRENT, and @@IDENTITY can all be used to return values inserted into IDENTITY columns. However, each one has its own scope limitations. Scope refers to a specific module (i.e. a stored procedure, trigger, function, batch).
- SCOPE_IDENTITY will return last identity values generated in any table in the current session, but within the current scope.
- IDENT_CURRENT returns the value generated for a specific table in any session and any scope. It is not limited by scope and session, but it is limited to a specified table.
- @@IDENTITY will return the last IDENTITY column value inserted across any scope in the current session, but it is not limited to a specific scope.
For more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sa-ses_6n8p.asp
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Microsoft recently announced a new line of products designed for security at all levels, called ForeFront. The Forefront product line currently consists of the following products:
- Forefront Client Security (formerly called Microsoft Client Protection)
- Forefront Security for Exchange Server (currently called Microsoft Antigen for Exchange)
- Forefront Security for SharePoint (currently called Antigen for SharePoint)
- Antigen for Instant Messaging
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Release Candidate
Athough some of these products (i.e. ISA) are not new to the market, they have been incorporated into the new package now known as "ForeFront". For more information visit ForeFront homepage. Also, be sure to see the FAQ section and video demo.
Monday, June 19, 2006
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Cleveland Renaissance Hotel
Cleveland, OH 44113
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
This will list all web parts on that page, including their title, type, display on page, and personalized properties. This will help identify if other web parts on the page are causing problems with opening the page.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Static dtLastPurgeTime As DateTime
Dim dtNow As DateTime
Dim intCounter As Integer
Dim Files() As String
Dim strGUID As String, strTXTName As String
strGUID = System.Guid.NewGuid.ToString
strTXTName = "C:\Temp\STB_" & strGUID & ".TXT"
'Create a uniquely named .TXT file
Dim swTXT As StreamWriter
swTXT = File.AppendText(strTXTName)
'Wait 2 seconds before proceeding
dtNow = Now
Dim lTimeDiff As Long = DateDiff(DateInterval.Hour, dtLastPurgeTime, dtNow)
If lTimeDiff > 24 And Now.Hour = 22 Then 'Check if last purge was more then 24 hours ago and current hour is 10PM
'Purge *.TXT files
Files = Directory.GetFiles("C:\Temp", "STB_*.TXT")
For intCounter = Files.GetLowerBound(0) To Files.GetUpperBound(0)
If DateDiff(DateInterval.Minute, File.GetCreationTime(Files(intCounter)), dtNow) > 30 Then 'Purge only if file is older than 30 minutes
'Update Purge Time
dtLastPurgeTime = Now()
Resume Next 'If an error occured while deleting a file, skip it this iteration and move to the next file
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
- June 8th: ONSQL SIG Meeting
- June 10th: GCPCUG General Meeting
- June 22nd: MSDN Event
- June 27th: C#/VB.Net SIG
Friday, June 02, 2006
For those that can't wait for the next release of .Net to use this feature, Red Gate Software has introduced SQL Prompt. This product provides SQL Intellisense in Microsoft Query Analyzer, SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio .NET 2003, SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager, and UltraEdit32. To read more about this product or to download a free version, please visit the SQL Prompt web site.