Versions of Windows Vista
The 6 versions of Windows Vista are comprised of 2 for businesses, 3 for consumers, and 1 for emerging markets:
- Windows Vista Business: For small business users.
- Windows Vista Enterprise: For high-end business users in large global organizations with highly complex IT infrastructures.
- Windows Vista Home Basic: For consumers with basic PC tasks (browse the Internet, e-mail, basic document creation).
- Windows Vista Home Premium: For more sophisticated home users using Tablet PCs or digital entertainment.
- Windows Vista Ultimate: For high-end home and business users. This version that has it all! It's the first operating system that brings together all the entertainment features, mobility features and business-oriented features available in Windows Vista.
- Windows Vista Starter: For entry level PC users wanting to experience the world of social and educational benefits that personal computer technology and the Internet makes possible.
All new versions are available for either 32-bit or 64-bit systems, depending on the needs of the customer. Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate and Business will be available as a full-packaged product at retail and on new PCs. Windows Vista Enterprise will be offered only to business customers participating in Microsoft’s Software Assurance program.
For more information, see the following: